Thursday, September 30, 2010

Only two days left...

Barry has made it through three of the five day cycle of Temodar.  It has been tough on him.  The first night he was very ill.  The second night, was a little better, but still resulted in nausea and overall fatigue.  He has been sleeping most of the day and night for the last two days.  He was able to go to Brant's football game on Tuesday evening and stayed through the entire game.  He loves watching Brant play football.  Although Brant's team lost, he played really well.  At one point in the game, he was triple-teamed and still managed to stay on his feet.  I am not exaggerating when I say that he grows overnight.  I haven't measured him lately, but he is at least 5'7 if not 5'8 now.   Before long, he will tower over both Barry and I.

The weather here is finally starting to cool off.  I am hoping that I will be able to get Barry out of the house more often.  I think it will be good for him to get out and breathe some fresh air.  He has mentioned on several occasions that he would like to go over to the place where the National Brain Tumor Association walk will be held on November 6th and check out the terrain.  Maybe even walk it if he is up to it.  Hopefully a week or two after this round of chemo, he will be up to it.

Thank you all for the continued phone calls, notes of encouragement, emails and prayers.  Barry, the children and I appreciate everyone so much.

One final note worth mentioning... for all of you who have an IPhone, ITouch or IPad, I found the greatest application called Letters to God.  It allows you to put your prayer into a text format and share it with the world.  It is worth checking out.  I know that I wholeheartedly believe in the power of prayer.  In fact, through this app, I found an individual praying for positive results to come from their father's upcoming MRI.  He, too, has brain cancer.  Love to all and Don't Stop Believing...

No comments:

Post a Comment